"When your cables finally arrive I give them the appropriate break in and prepared to be blown away with big sound.... the bass deepened, without getting muddy. The midrange just sings, floating the instruments within a large space with front to back depth and a nice wide soundstage. The highs were clean, extended and detailed without being tizzy or harsh. We've probably all heard the phrase "There's gold in them there hills." Well "There's magic in them there Morrow's" Yes! I'm very satisfied." - David J
- The PH3 Phono Cables contain specially constructed shielded SSI Technology runs of wire. As you move up the line, more runs are introduced, providing higher and higher resolution.
The PH3 phono cables are excellent for any turntable/ cartridge application. Moving magnet, moving coil and magnetic cartridges all work very well. Their application is also excellent between a SUT (step up transformer) and phono preamp. For any application form the output side of the phono preamp, please use our MA Series Interconnects.
The cable is flexible and easy to manage as well as having a low noise floor with excellent RFI rejection.
What cables to get? Our Buyers Guide can help you choose the perfect cable level for your system.
- SSI Technology stands for "Solid core, Small gauge, Individually insulated" wires, which is at the heart of our design.
Morrow Audio cables differ in three major areas of design from other popular cables. Our proprietary technology removes major distortions that are common in most other cable designs. Learn More
- The termination options are Standard RCA (gold plated), KLE Copper Harmony RCA, KLE Pure Harmony RCA (silver), Furutech Angled DIN and straight DIN. You can order them in any configuration through the drop downs provided. The DIN selection come standard with an attached spade ground wire.
The Eichmann RCA's offer another level of refinement, continuing our SSI Technology all the way through the connector. You can expect a 5% improvement over the standard RCA's.
GROUND WIRE NOTE: The RCA version does not come with a ground wire. It is not needed. Many tables do not require a ground wire, instead they connect that internally where the ground travels through the shield of the phono cables. If a separate ground wire is needed, use the one that came with your table, or some other wire that you might have around. The signal does not pass through the ground wire, so quality is not an issue.
- You will find great enjoyment and improvements right out of the box. Our cables however take around 400 hours to fully break in. You can speed this process up with our optional break-in service.
If you decide to do this yourself, a cable owners manual is always provided with your order which explains what you will hear during the breakin process.
A great way to break in RCA phono cables is to hook them to a CD player and preamp, playing a CD on repeat to break in the cables. This saves wear and tear on your turntable and cartridge while at the same time provide a higher level signal to break them in.
- Capacitance: 294pf/ meter.
A word about capacitance... Capacitance in a phono cable does not matter when you are using a moving coil cartridge. We have many customers who even use our phono cables with a magnetic cartridge with no ill effects or high frequency roll off.
- A 30 day return comes with all brand new cables. The return period begins when you receive the cables. See Policy