"Most subwoofer cables use stranded wire in their structure. This causes the bass to be muddy and not tuneful. You will enjoy a stronger bass, as well as a dramatic increase in speed and resolution with our subwoofer line of cables. Amazing bass slam!" - Mike Morrow
The Elite Subwoofer cable is our best cable for excellent resolution and slam. It is the best subwoofer cable that you will find regardless of brand or price. XLR subwoofer cable version is also available. The Elite subwoofer cable provides amazing punch & speed, bass resolution and musical realism. The Elite subwoofer cable incorporates our SSI Cable Technology. Please find all the details below through the information tabs provided.
- Sold as a single. For a pair, change the quantity to 2 in the shopping cart. The Elite Subwoofer Cable contain 192 runs of shielded SSI Technology wire per channel. As you move up the line, more runs are introduced, providing higher and higher resolution.
The Elite is designed to go from a summed sub out or extra preamp output, going to the subwoofer line stage input. If using a summed output, only one subwoofer cable is needed, plugged into the LFE input on the sub. When plugged into the LFE, the sub internally connects it to both the left and right inputs, hence only one sub cable is needed.
If you have a preamp with a second set of left and right channel outputs, and no summed output, you will need two cables to go to the respective left and right subwoofer inputs on your subwoofer. If you do not have a second set of outputs, you can use two Y cables to provide two outputs per channel.
It is not recommended to use a Y cable to combine the left and right channels, which can result in lessening the right and left channel separation in the main speakers, or worse, cause it to be mono.
The shielded cable is flexible and easy to manage as well as having a low noise floor with excellent RFI rejection.
What cables to get? Our Buyers Guide can help you choose the perfect cable level for your system.
- SSI Technology stands for "Solid core, Small gauge, Individually insulated" wires, which is at the heart of our design.
Morrow Audio cables differ in three major areas of design from other popular cables. Our proprietary technology removes major distortions that are common in most other cable designs. Learn More
- The termination options are Standard RCA or XLR Balanced through the excellent Furutech locking CF-102R RCA, CF-602F female XLR and CF601M male XLR. You can order them in any configuration through the drop downs provided.
RCA cables have 2 conductors inside the cable. A XLR balanced cable has three conductors in the cable: two signals wires plus a separate ground wire. The two signal wires reference to ground and are therefore "balanced", cancelling out noise. Balanced cables, when used with true balanced equipment are said to offer a lower noise floor.
- You will find great enjoyment and improvements right out of the box. Our cables however take around 400 hours to fully break in. You can speed this process up with our optional break-in service.
If you decide to do this yourself, a cable owners manual is always provided with your order which explains what you will hear during the breakin process.
- Total combined SSI wire gauge: 16 gauge/ each positive and negative leg.
- The return period begins when you receive the cables. See Policy